Monday 11 March 2013

New Toy

Back in January, Kari (one of the local knitters/spinners, and co-host of the Two Tangled Skeins podcast) borrowed my drum carder.
Like most spinners, her reaction was, "Ooh, I want one!"

So she put out the word, hoping she could find someone destashing one. And lo and behold, she did. Someone she knows was getting rid of a few fibre-related things, and Kari, lucky girl, is now the proud owner of a Pat Green carder.

I saw her at knit night, and practically the first thing she said was, "Hey, I've got a medieval torture device you might be interested in." I though maybe she wanted to show off the carder, but no! Turns out that her friend threw in(!) a picker along with the drum carder, and she figured I might have more use for it than she would.

So, yeah. I have a picker now! It needs a bit of cleaning up (doesn't look like it's seen much use), but it's solid, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.  

1 comment:

  1. Hee :) When she showed it to me, I knew it would be right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete