Saturday, 12 April 2014

New and Notable

Look at that. Crocus tips sticking out last week - and first flowers of the season this week!

I've been knitting a crescent shawl - Indian Feathers pattern by Alina Appasov, a free download on Rav - out of some silk-blend laceweight I dyed a few years ago, testing the possibilities of doing a shaded yarn. I've been picturing it as a shawl all along, so I've been happy to see that it looks as neat as I thought. (Not the best picture I admit, but I just got it blocked this morning. The structure of the crescent, knitted from the edging inwards, really lent itself to getting the best look out of the yarn. Must dye a few more skeins this way.

This actually got knitted twice, since the first time I got to about the 80% mark, and decided it was turning out too short. Ripped and reknit, adding 4 repeats to the edging, and less decreases in the top of the edging. The blocked measurement is now 72" across, so perhaps I overdid it a little - but it will be long enough to wrap and knot, good and versatile at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment