Tuesday 5 April 2011

Change in the Air

Not in the pennies from heaven sense, which would be interesting but dangerous. And not just because it's spring and things are expected to change almost overnight. But it does seem that there will be changes in the near future. I'm not against change, but it takes some getting used to.

One of my dear friends got her acceptance to medical school last week, to start the Fall semester. I'm thrilled for her - she's been wanting to go for years. But she'll be going overseas, so I won't see her more than maybe once a year, and I'll miss her. She says, "Come see me", but, well, it's an expensive trip. We'll see what my bank account looks like.

I didn't get the job I was hoping for, but one other interview last week and one in two weeks, so maybe, if one of those pans out, I will be gainfully employed soon, and can save for that trip.

Then there's the Federal elections coming up. Although this is one place I wouldn't mind a change (really, I will vote just about anything but Conservative), I suspect that, like the last couple times, the only real change will be that the government coffers will be depleted after spending the money to hold the elections.

Of course, there's good change too. One of the knitters I know just announced she's expecting. I'm excited, because that means a chance to try out a pattern or so in my new book, making a baby gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment