Friday 14 March 2014

Happy Pi Day!

Today is Pi Day, which I actually remembered this year for a change. March 14, or 3/14 is also Einstein's birthday, so a fitting day of celebration for nerds everywhere. It seems next year's will be a big one though, since it will be possible to have a date and time of 3/14/15 9:26:53 - the first 10 digits of pi, which is as far as I can recite it without having to look numbers up.

You're supposed to have pie on Pi day, not surprisingly. I've got quiche planned for supper, so I suppose that's close enough. If I were the shopping type, though, I would be out on Cafe Press looking at T-shirts. Check these out. I think I particularly like the ones that say 'Irrational, but well rounded', and  'My PIN is the last 4 digits of Pi'. Also the one that says 'Come to the dork side. We have Pi'.

And yes, if you laugh at those, you should definitely be celebrating Pi Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment