Which is to say, the first of the cria shawls is done and blocked. And while I'm not particularly fond of carpeting per se, it does make a great base for blocking things.
I plan to get a second one cast on today, same yarn, different pattern. Good excuse to try something out of my new Haapsalu Shawl book. Actually I did cast on, but had to rip out, as it appears my math skills are off today. I figured out I needed 68 stitches. Counted the stitches in the cast-on twice, but ran out of stitches on the first pattern row. Rechecked my knitting against the pattern, couldn't find the problem there. Only then did I realize that I had miscalculated the number of stitches to cast on. 2 repeats of 32 stitches plus 4 edges stitches on each side does not equal 68 - I forgot to add the second edge. Some days, it's hard to believe I have an advanced degree.