Tuesday 3 May 2011

Mixed Reaction

Aaandd...the election results are in. Trying to count my blessings. After all, the Green party now have an official seat, and the NDP are way up, official opposition for the first time ever. And of course, we can vote here without having to worry about riots or anything.

But dudes, did you HAVE to give Harper a majority? The man scares me. At least in a minority he had other parties to sit on him if he got out of hand. I am not looking forward to 4 years with a leader whose ideas on environment and women's rights are shaky and trumped by financial concerns, at best. I can feel us sliding right back to last century already. Well, hopefully in 4 years he will either have proved me wrong about him or gotten to the point where people are ready to drop him. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment