Sunday 5 February 2012

Budget? What budget?

Although I did have that debacle with the printer yesterday afternoon, the morning was more than enough to make up for it. Indigodragonfly was having a trunk show out at Just Knitting in Carleton Place, not far away, and I caught a ride with a friend. Not that I need more yarn per se, or need to be spending money unnecessarily...but I have this idea for a shawl I want to make, and indigodragonfly are one of the few people I've found who made yarn in the color and blend I want for my idea. So: excuse to check out their yarn in person, chance to check out the new store (well, new to me!), and oh, right, the store ended up being practically across the road from The Book Gallery , which has to be one of my favorite second-hand bookstores. You can guess what happened, right? Yeah, came home with a stack of books and 2 skeins of yarn.


Hey, that's pretty restrained considering that the bookstore is an entire converted house, and there were plenty of other luscious things at the yarn store too. The yarn is a 50/50 merino/silk fingering, soft and shiny, and I can't wait to play with it. It won't happen anytime in the next few months, but it's there when I'm ready.Just Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment