Tuesday 15 March 2011

And Now for Something Completely Different…

OK, so that’s Monty Python popping up again. But seriously, I’m taking a bit of a plunge. As of yesterday, I have an Etsy shop, Wayside Weeds and Wool. I’ve kind of been thinking of this off and on for a couple of years, but what with graduate school, and all, it wasn’t really something I had the time to set up and maintain. Now I’m out, but the job hunting has been slow. I’ve taken time this winter to write a few knitting patterns, and have ideas for a dozen more. There’s rather an excess of natural-dyed and hand-spun yarns kicking about in the apartment, and since the fall I’ve sold several knitted articles, at the Guild sale and to other people, so I’m thinking I’m just going to enlarge the audience for all this a bit. Spring is a good time to start -  if people like the natural-dyed yarns, I can restock when plants start growing over the summer. And if it doesn’t take off? Well, I’m out a few dollars for listings fees, and that’s about it. I’m kind of excited, actually. I’d love to be able to make this a permanent thing, and this is the first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment