Wednesday 16 March 2011

News on the Knitting Front

Because, y’know, it’s kind of a knit blog, but it’s been a few days since fiber got mentioned. I’ve been busy, honest! I started a shawl…

The yarn is some I had extra from a Christmas project, beautiful laceweight silk and cashmere from the Diamond Luxury collection. I’m kind of doing my own pattern for it – what’s showing is the blueberry motif (super easy) from Nancy Bush’s book on Estonian shawls, and I’ll put a nice edge on it. I also managed to whip up two pairs of fingerless mitts from project scraps, and they’ll go to the Etsy store.


Not that getting all that out of the way has diminished my stash much. Besides taking advantage of the sale at Knit-Knackers last weekend to the extent of two balls of laceweight merino/silk and one of sock yarn, I was just gifted with a ball of undyed merino/silk roving from a friend, as a thank you for babysitting. Yes, she’s a knitter and dyer, so she knows what I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment